028 8676 2500
EPCs - Energy Performance Certificates

Buildings are responsible for almost 50% of the UK's energy consumption and carbon emissions.

Even comparatively minor changes in the energy performance of and the way we use each building would have a significant effect in reducing energy consumption, and hence, carbon emissions.

The Department of Finance and Personnel is responsible for measures in Northern Ireland to improve the energy efficiency of our buildings, including energy performance certificates for properties providing A-G efficiency ratings and recommendations for improvement.

Do I need an Energy Performance Certificate?

Since 30th December 2008 all properties - homes and commercial - when constructed or being marketed for sale or rent require an energy performance certificate (EPC). Large public buildings must also display a display energy performance certificate (DEC).

This initiative is the result of European legislation - the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive - which all member states were required to adopt.

What is an EPC?

An EPC assesses the energy performance of a property, from "A" representing the most energy efficient property to "G" representing the last energy efficient property. It must be carried out by a qualified Energy Assessor

How long is an EPC valid for?

A valid EPC will last for 10 years.

How do I order an EPC?

Norman Devlin Property Consultants & Syrveyors are Accredited Energy Assessors. Please contact us to arrange for an EPC to be carried out so that you avoid any delays in selling or letting your property.

028 8676 2500
Mon - Fri: 9am - 5.15pm | Closed Lunch: 1pm - 2pm
Outside hours by arrangement
Norman Devlin Property Consultants & Surveyors | 18 Oldtown Street, Cookstown, BT80 8EF
028 8676 2500 | Fax: 028 8676 3848